Health and Safety
In pursuit of MaSa's vision and mission in the development of an innovative model for operations and maintenance and to become the preferred operator in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Gulf Cooperation Council -with guaranteed business continuity and competitiveness -MaSa is committed and endeavors to protect its employees and others who are affected by its business, from any undesired occupational injuries or illnesses by controlling business related health risks.
MaSa strongly believes in adopting best international OHS management systems and practices for incident prevention through constant involvement, consultation, motivation and increasing the employees OHS competence through effective leadership, trainings and face-to-face dialogue communication.
In addition, to performing operation in safest structured manner, MaSa enforces a stringent permit to work system and risk assessment to control maintenance and contractor activities in the areas under its jurisdiction, by provision of advanced engineering systems, safest tools, work equipment and personal protective equipment.
MaSa being a multinational and multilingual organization, all of its employees act as one team, having one goal in mind to prevent incidents by owning OHS responsibility and demonstrating commitment of positive OHS culture.
Royal Commission Environmental Regulations (at present RCER 2015 version) are applicable for MaSa facilities in Jubail and Yanbu, with respective Environmental Permit to Operate (EPO), of Sea Water Cooling, Potable and Process Water production and networks, and Industrial and Sanitary Wastewater collection networks and treatment plants.
RCER 2015 EPO SWC EPO PW
EPO TP8 EPO TP9 EPO RO#4
MaSa’s performance is defined through Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE)
QHSE supports MaSa’s O&M activities
- To deliver quality water services to customers.
- Protecting and improving the health and safety of our employees and other stake holders.
- To prevent pollution and protect of the environment, with utmost respect and responsibility to applicable regulations and management systems.
QHSE Management systems
- MaSa follows the Management Systems in line with QMS ISO 9001:2008, EMS 14001:2004 and OHSMS 18001:2007 as part of Marafiq’s IMS certification, from the date of inception of MaSa.
- MaSa certification is planned for the above mentioned Management System Standards by end of 2016.